Moyo Totem - what they represent


In addition, there are Rozvi people believed to be the earliest inhabitants of Zimbabwe. History tells us that they’re from the Changamire line.They prides themselves as the owners of the country. Their totem is Moyo or Mhumba which means HEART. They call themselves a necessity totem as every living thing needs a heart to survive. Types of Moyo totems are Chirandu, Zuruvi. They’re affectionately known as Gonoremombe the mighty bulls, Dhewa, Murozvi mukuru meaning the great plunderer or mighty pillager.They originated from Masvingo province and got scattered across the country in search of greener pastures. Most people believe the Moyo people are loving and caring people. Their women make good mothers and family building. The Zuruvi males are known to produce fearless hunters and great fighters.They don’t eat heart of any living thing.

samanyika .com

Comments

  1. I agree with everything written here - Mamoyo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confirm ~ Zuruvi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moyo it's just a great totem hey ✊✊

      Delete
    2. Isn't Zuruvi a Shava totem?

      Delete
    3. Zuruvi is Moyo originally. The Shava Zuruvi are called Vhuramayi meaning they were given land from the maternal side as well as Chidawo chekwamai.

      Delete
    4. Even my totem is MOYO❤️❤️

      Delete
  3. I agree with you Mamoyo

    ReplyDelete
  4. They forgot to say
    Mamoyo built great Zimbabwe they are also known as dhewa,warohzi,and dzimbabwe...anyway I am a moyo and I think you did well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Best choice

      Delete
    2. I want to ask is there moyo mundidzi or mundidzi is chirandy

      Delete
  6. this helped me with cala thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ana Dhehwa i hama dzangu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neniwo ndatobata basa paCALA BHO MAFANA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me tooooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maita basa you helped me to understand my totem and also to write my CALA

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need clarity on Zuruvi because the Zuruvi people are the mhofu(eland) so how did they get to be the Moyo clan?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ko kuroyana pahukama how far

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vaera Moyo originally vaiyera mombe. Originally totems were a form of wildlife conservation. You could not eat your totem so Rozvi people being cattle herders had to change the totem to Moyo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helped me finish my Cala as l was struggling thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment